Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Trains, Trucks, or Tractors?!?

When I was in high school my mom bought me a book of knitting patterns so I could make a sweater that was in it. I remember at the time I felt bad because it is a hard back book and was more expensive than any of the other knitting books I had ever purchased before. Little did I know that it would be a great investment. I have used that pattern book on several occasions throughout that past few years. When I got the book there was an afghan that I just loved!!! It was covered in trains. I always said that if I had a boy that one day I would make the afghan (it looked like to much work to make otherwise). When Michael and I found out that we were having a boy I knew I had to get to work. As I got looking at the pattern I realized that it was called "Trucks" not trains. As I worked on it I asked people what they looked like. I got one of three responses: a train, a truck, or a tractor. I decided that they are trains, but I guess it is in the eye of the beholder! I'm just excited to have completed this project (and it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself).



***Just a note to all you crocheters out there: Don't look to close at the boarder. After attempting the entire boarder twice it is as good as it's going to get. One day I might be a crocheter, but for now I'll stick to knitting!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! IT TURNED OUT SOOOO CUTE!!!! Zach is going to love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks Great!! I can't believe how fast you are. If it were me, I would still be working! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You finished it! YAY!!! Can't wait to meet your little man!

    ReplyDelete