Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!!!

I'm really quite proud of this project. Not because it was hard but because I just am. It all started a couple of months ago. I went garage selling with my family and we stopped at this set of apartments. There were a lot of different people selling things, but a couple of older ladies caught my eye. They had boxes of yarn!!! I asked how much they wanted for all of it. Two dollars!!!!! Jackpot!!!!! I think I ended up with about 5 grocery sacks stuffed full of yarn. Among the many colors was quite a bit of this maroon. I decided there was enough to make an afghan and that I would never use all of it unless that's what I made. So I found a pattern and about 2 to 3 weeks later I had an afghan. When I started this project I knew that it would have to go to someone who would appreciate all the work; it had to go to my mom. She made so many outfits for us kids growing up. This is my little thanks for all the hard work she put into all those wonderful handmade items! Happy (Early) Birthday Mom!!! I hope you enjoy snuggling up in this blanket with some chocolate and good book!






2 comments:

  1. I'm still waiting for the chance to enjoy it with chocolate and a good book (maybe during Christmas break), but I enjoy it wrapped around my shoulders in the cold living room every morning as I eat a bowl of oatmeal before I hop in the shower to get ready for work. I feel likes it's my morning hug from you every morning.

    ReplyDelete